Paper Mache Clay Frog
In the video I use paper mache clay to complete my frog.
It's pretty easy, I believe it is something that you all can do and enjoy.
It's Frogeye Love
Your Material List
Recycled newspaper & cardboard
Paper Mache Clay
Acrylic paints, brushes
And a Smile
How 2 Make Your Frog Armature
1. Make your armature by wading up newspaper into a ball, this ball will be the body of your Frog. Make this any size you would like. Take your ball and place it into a plastic bag, wrap the bag tighly around your ball of paper. Tie the end, cut, and tape down the extra bag.
Just A Note: Watching the video will explain everything.
3. Apply 1/4 inch layer of paper mache clay all over your armature. You can create 3d eyes by rolling up a small ball of clay.
Also add hands to your frog at this stage. I created my hands out of clay.
4. Sand your Frog down so he or she is nice and smooth. Add a primer coat of white acrylic or gesso. Sand again if needed at this stage.
5. Add your color to your Frog and let it all dry. I use acrylic paints and brushes to create my whimsy Frog. They would look cute painted bright colors as well as the traditional colors you see on my sculpture.
7. Cover the entire Frog with poly acrylic varnish and let this completely dry. I use Minwax Polycrylic to seal and give my Frog a beautiful shine.
This seal is not meant to water proof your piece, your Frog is an inside Frog and loves to be enjoyed by his family.
Your Finished Whimsy Frog
The Frogs are really cute and simple to make, you could personalize your awesome Frog by adding hats, glasses, etc. You are going to enjoy seeing your whimsy Frogs come together. Best of all they don't require a lot of fuss.
If you have any questions or suggestions the best place to throw those ideals around is at our Facebook community.
Join the "whimsiest" Art studio on the internet.
Thanks for stopping by the studio we give virtual hugs to our guest.
Have a great day, smiles to you; keep creating.