I have been working from Simplicity Pattern 4117, it has 7 great patterns for bags and in this video we will put together Bag D.
If you don't have this pattern you can make your own using my video as reference.
Please don't hesitate to leave questions below; we have a awesome group of ladies that visit the studio so if I cannot answer your question someone else can.
Cool Big Shoulder Bag
Creating your own bag is gratifying and this bag is really easy to make; all my girlfriends seem to love them. So grab some cool fab and let's get started with your fashionable shoulder bag.
What You Need:
Handmade Pattern or Simplicity Pattern # 4117
1 1/8 yards 45" wide for bag
1 1/8 yards 45" wide for lining
1 1/8 yards 36" wide of interfacing
Thread & Needle
Sewing Machine Optional
Make A Bag
Make a bag pattern or purchase one from Simplicity or McCall's, etc… I will be showing you how to use Simplicity 4117 to make Bag D in this short video.
1ST Pre Shrink Your Fabric by Washing
Use pattern piece 3 for your shoulder bag.
First cut out your pattern and lay it down printed side up on your fabric. Your fabric should be cut on single thickness for the bag and the lining, with printed side up. You will follow the same layout for all three pieces.
Sewing Directions Made Easy
1. Wash and Iron your fabric. Cut out your pattern piece and make all your markings.
2. Apply your light weight interfacing to the wrong side of your bag. You can iron this on usually but follow the manufactures directions.
The pattern calls for appliqué fabric which I will not be demonstrating in this video, please refer to your pattern directions.
3. With the right sides together you will sew up the side of your bag and the lower edges of your bag.
4. You will take and do the same for the lining but leave a small opening on the bottom.
This will be for turning your bag once we are ready.
You're doing great.
5. Place the right side of the lining and the bag together matching seams and having raw edges together.
Stitch the upper edges of the handles as shown in the video and clip curves and trim seam and corners.
6. Turn your bag right side out through your opening in the lining. Slip stitch this close and push lining in the bag.
Sewing Top Edge of Bag
Simplicity Pattern 4117 is an awesome pattern for beginners wanting to learn to sew. It is not too hard and you will have success within an hour's time.
You can add accessories to your bag such as buttons and bows for a trendy look.
Thank you for visiting our studio please refer your friends to our studio; we look forward to having you visit again soon.
Send us your email for all upcoming giveaways and promotions.
This Whimsy Shoulder Bag is $20 plus shipping, to purchase email or use the buy now button through PayPal..