Whimsy Paper Mache Links/paper macheing, how to's, ideals

How 2 Make A Round Whimsy Bunny

Paper Mache Clay Bunny

bunnyTo create your whimsy bunny you can use the paper mache strip recipe or the paper mache clay recipe, it is totally up to you.
In the video demonstration I use clay to finish my bunny but I explain how to finish without making the clay and only using the paper strips.
It's pretty easy, I believe it is something that you all can do and enjoy. Oh, goodness and they do turn out cute. You could add accessories to your bunny like a pocket watch or glasses; I hope to get your creative juices flowing.
You love choices

Make Your Armature

armarture1. First we will make our armature by wading up newspaper into a ball and placing it into a plastic bag and cutting off the extra bag.
Just A Note: Watching the video will explain this better, I hope.
You can add your cardboard feet and ears at this stage before any paper strips are added. If you do not add them you will have a chance later.
I however got ahead of myself and did not in the video causing me to do things in more stages than necessary.

So decide if you want to attach the body parts now or later when you add more strips or clay.

clay2. Apply 3 layers of your newspaper strips
With or without your bunny's parts add 3 layers of paper mache and let this completely dry.
While the bunny dried I began forming his feet out of mache clay and sat my round body on top for drying. To bond the 2 pieces together wet the feet and then place the body onto the feet. I let this dry before I begin working on the bunny again.
Placing it in the oven on low heat will speed up your dry time and it is perfectly safe but I recommend not leaving it.
3. Cut your bunny ears, and feet out of a recycled cereal box and tape in place onto your bunny armature.  (You can also form them from your clay.)
Now you can cover your armature in clay or cover with 15 to 20 layers of recycled newsprint and let this completely dry.sand
4. Sand your Bunny down so he or she is nice and smooth. Add a primer coat of white acrylic or gesso. Sand again if needed at this stage.
eyelashes
5. Add your color to your bunny and let it all dry again.
varnish6. Cover the entire bunny with poly acrylic varnish and let this completely dry.
The bunnies are really cute and simple to make, if you have any questions or suggestions feel free to leave them below.
Your Easter Baskets can be personalized this coming Easter with your handmade Whimsical Bunny.
Have a great day, smiles and roses to you.
© whimsypapermache.com
Check the great prices at DirectGardening.com